A new e-learning training course, the Oil Spill Awareness Course for Offshore Vessel Crews is now available.
OSRL has worked in collaboration with BP North Sea to develop this course.
Having completed the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe how oil behaves in the sea
- Track the trajectory of oil based on current and wind speed
- Use the BONN Oil Appearance Colour Code to describe the appearance and assess the quantity of an oil spill
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using dispersant
- Understand the correct process for applying dispersant
- Explain how to carry out oil sampling in accordance with MCA guidelines
Course participants do not need to be constantly connected to the internet to complete the e-course.
This course is the first in a series of interactive Oil Spill Awareness Courses and work has already commenced to update our DECC 1 course with the intention to add the ICS100 & 200 to our portfolio soon.
If you would like to access the course, please contact the Training Department.