How do you manage risk factors and at the same time control costs whilst maintaining operational performance?
The technical nature of the oil and energy industry means several roles are required for specific, specialised functions or as a response to an unpredictable event.
However, the need to reduce your headcount due to cost-cutting can have significant implications on your business's risk profile, creating gaps in your resources and potentially resulting in an inability to meet the business requirements or respond to specific challenges as effectively as before.
In these difficult economic times, the key to managing resource and costs is oil spill response support services that are:
- Only paid for when needed
- Scalable up and down as demand requires
- Able to be turned on and off at short notice
- Provided by experts in the field
- Suitable to enable a licence to operate to be obtained and maintained cost-effectively
This is where Oil Spill Response Limited can help support both your offshore and onshore operations for upstream, mid and downstream activities
An effective response depends on competent personnel working to a well-developed plan that has been adequately resourced and regularly exercised. Our Preparedness Services will ensure your staff are trained, your plans are properly developed and you have access to the right equipment. Once this is in place, we can help you review and test your response capability. To guarantee you are truly response ready requires a continual cycle of reviewing, updating and testing of all elements of preparedness.
On a global basis, Oil Spill Response Limited provides expert personnel to undertake support services and tasks covering both surface and subsea response and preparedness. These services include:
- Secondees, short and long term, to take the responsibility of oil spill issues from your company enabling you to use your resources for your area of expertise
- Crisis management services for all incident types
- Training both for company employees and subcontractors/suppliers where required
- Internal coordination between departments and external liaison with authorities
- In-field support for critical / higher risk operations
- Produce, update or advise on contingency plans
- Undertake capability assessments of sites/operations
- In-field equipment hire including maintenance and training
All of the above can be activated and engaged in very short timescales avoiding the sometimes lengthy process to hire individuals and the associated onboarding costs.
We offer an end-to-end oil spill service that provides an integrated solution to all your oil spill preparedness and response needs. Through open communication with our Members, regulators and other stakeholders we are able to understand the needs and desires of everyone involved. Our knowledge combined with experience and expertise allows us to create customised, targeted and cost-effective oil spill response solutions that support our customers' activities.
- We are trusted by over 150 Members globally and have served customers in over 80 countries.
- We have unrivalled oil spill experience – attending over 400 spills in the last three decades.
- With our full range of preparedness services, OSRL has access to all the experts required to address your oil spill risks. The personnel provided by Oil Spill Response Limited are all highly experienced in oil spill response, preparedness and incident management.
- We have an in-depth understanding of industry issues and regulations.
- Our international network of offices has resources that can be combined to meet your geographical needs.
- The pool of experts we work with has a broad range of skills from planning, modelling, training and exercises, to response and post-spill monitoring services.
- Our track record includes the provision of services in Africa, Latin, Central and North America, Asia-Pacific and Oceania, the Middle East and Europe. A truly global service delivered from our 12 regional locations on six continents.
Find out more about our preparedness services and what we can do for your business by contacting us, we look forward to hearing from you.