An efficient and effective spill response begins with preparation prior to any incident. Part of this preparation is our Service Level Agreement (SLA). This is a clear statement of what a Member can expect from us. It is integral to the agreement between Oil Spill Response Limited and our Members and shows how both parties stand to benefit. The SLA is defined and approved by our Shareholders.
SLA Provisions and Benefits
- Notification - our Duty Manager will call the Member within 10 minutes of receiving notification of an incident. Response is on a first-come-first-served basis regardless of membership level.
- Free on-scene technical advice and response support is available to all members. This ‘5 for 5’ service provides access to five response specialists at no cost for up to five days. This extends the previous Technical Advisor service in terms of the number of personnel, duration and scope. For greater response impact during those critically formative early stages of a response.
- Response capability – we have the resources to simultaneously respond to a range of incidents in terms of size, nature, complexity and sensitivity.
- Highly trained response personnel – we have 80 dedicated Spill Response Specialists assigned to three Global Response Teams across our global response bases. They will be deployed from any of our bases depending on the nature of the incident and the skills needed to deal with it. A total of 18 personnel is our maximum commitment to any single incident and we have the capacity to resource two such maximum commitment responses in an ongoing basis.
- Support from response partners - we work with various partners to support aviation requirements. Logistics, modelling and other specialised services can be called upon as and when they are needed. We can supply satellite imagery on request too.
- Spill response equipment and transportation - our specialised response equipment is housed in secure facilities and is customs-cleared for rapid deployment. Members get access to large-scale dispersant delivery systems and aircraft as well as 24/7 access to a global network of cargo and passenger charter services through dedicated brokers. Access to equipment is restricted to 50% of the equipment by type available at the time of the request. Additional equipment can be considered for release on request that is highly specialised or applicable to very specific response scenarios but may be subject to recall in the event of another mobilisation.
- Oil spill trajectory and tracking - 2D and 3D oil spill tracking and trajectory services are available on request. We utilise different software to provide trajectory, stochastic, backtrack and subsurface modelling.
- Response integration - we integrate the Incident Command System (ICS) into our response operations to make sure that we effectively meet our Members' needs and engage with our Members through our Member Engagement programmes.
- Industry Outreach - We communicate key industry messages with our Members, governments and stakeholders through our Industry Outreach programmes.