A comprehensive exercise programme is one of the most effective ways of:
• Assessing response plans and procedures
• Determining the readiness of responders
• Clarifying roles and responsibilities
• Promoting awareness of potential incidents
• Preparing for real spill events
A robust exercise and drill programme provides your response and emergency management teams with the opportunity to practice skills that will be required in an emergency, to work together closely and develop working relationships, and to make complex decisions under what can be often stressful circumstances.
OSRL's exercise and planning services deliver well designed exercises to test response capabilities including plans, people, equipment and systems and will provide appropriate feedback and recommendations for improvement.
OSRL's experience also includes working with key organisations to observe and participate in government and regulatory exercises and workshops. This enables OSRL to better understand regulators, and be better able to support members through services to satisfy those requirements.
Our exercises are designed to bring together the key personnel likely to be involved in a real incident, developing working relationships and encouraging teamwork. With our expertise in incident response, we are able to provide exercise and drill development, facilitation, observation and involvement to help test and improve your preparedness and response capability.
• Notification exercises to test your response process and mobilisation procedures
• Table-top exercises designed to test the risk of your operations and allow for analysis of the incident response
• Equipment deployment exercises to develop your ability to deploy Tier 1 equipment in a safe and effective way
• Incident management drills are designed to develop your management team
• Participation in government and regulatory workshops and exercise programmes
• Exercise participation with regional Tier 2 providers