Wednesday, August 16, 2017
OSRL, in partnership with the Brazilian Petroleum Institute (IBP), will be conducting a forum “Preparedness for a Major Subsea Incident in Brazil” on 16-17 August 2017. The first day of the forum will be at IBP’s headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, and will examine the wide scope of issues relevant to preparing for and responding to an offshore subsea incident, including:
- What resources and capabilities are available?
- How are resources activated and mobilized?
- What decision-making, logistics and support are required?
- What are the roles of the operators, OSRL and the Brazilian government agencies?
- How do you prepare for and conduct an effective response?
On 17 August the forum will shift to the OSRL SWIS base at Angra dos Reis, about 1.5 hours from Rio, where delegates will be afforded an opportunity to get a first-hand and detailed look at the SWIS capping stack and related equipment.
The consistent thread flowing throughout the forum will be a focus on parallel themes and actions for effective response:
- Tiered Preparedness & Response
- Logistics Considerations
- Working Together
The forum is being organized by OSRL Americas and the OSRL Brazil country team. In addition to OSRL’s own team, there will be participation and presentations from the Brazilian Federal Environmental Agency (IBAMA), Petrobras, and number of OSRL member operators.