Do follow us on LinkedIn or watch this space if you would like updates on available vacancies.
Regional HSEQ Advisor, EMEA
Location: UK / Southampton
Closing date: 6th October 2023
We are looking to appoint an experienced HSEQ professional to join our team in Southampton, reporting to the HSE and Operational Support Services Manager.
The role is permanent, full time and will be office based with the some flexibility to work from home.
The Regional HSEQ Advisor EMEA will provide advice on health, safety, environmental and quality in support of our activities in the region. This will include:
- Provide HSEQ technical and behavioural support to the region.
- Participate as a member of the global HSEQ functional team.
- Provide HSEQ subject matter expertise to OSRL management and employees.
- Act as a mentor to employees undertaking vocational HSEQ training.
- Assure regional alignment, consistency, and implementation of OSRL HSEQ Policy, Procedures and Processes.
- Champion a generative and engaging HSEQ culture that promotes personal involvement in and ownership of HSEQ.
- Develop and support initiatives in each of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality areas to develop OSRL’s capability and good practice.
1. Liaise with Group HSEQ
- Represent the region and act as the primary contact for HSEQ issues.
- Lead the implementation of new programs, processes and standards in the region.
2. Management System
- Ensure the consistent implementation and application of the OSRL HSEQ IMS in the region.
- Review HSEQ procedures in the Blueprint regularly and propose suggestions to update them considering industry good practice, regulatory changes, operational excellence within OSRL and findings from incidents / near misses.
3. Risk Management
- Assist the region with implementing and utilizing appropriate risk management processes (i.e., Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Safe Work procedures etc..) for work conducted by and for OSRL.
- Mentor and support the Duty Safety Officers (DSO) in the region.
4. Performance Management, Reporting and Improvement
- Ensure adequate processes are in place to monitor, report and communicate HSEQ performance on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the regular regional HSEQ Working Group meeting, support the agenda, and ensure representation / involvement from all regional functions and locations.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of ASSURE which holds all OSRL’s IMS records and documents.
- Engage and encourage personal ownership by management and staff of HSEQ.
5. Competency & Development
- Participate in the development and implementation of HSEQ competency and training programmes for technical and non- technical staff. Support Learning & Development in the maintenance of training records.
- Recommend appropriate numbers and skill levels for advanced/specialised training
- Support regional personnel through advice, training and mentoring in support of developing a generative safety culture.
6. Contractor and Member (Client) HSEQ interface management
- Ensure that all regional contractors to OSRL carry out their activities on OSRL locations in accordance with OSRL’s HSEQ policies, procedures and processes.
- Act as the interface for Members HSEQ visits and audits and requests for information on OSRL’s HSEQ procedures and performance.
- Liaise with Members/clients on HSEQ support to OSRL staff that are on operational or business visits to external locations.
7. Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure knowledge and compliance with industry good practices and regulatory requirements in countries where OSRL has bases / offices. This includes incident and ongoing regulatory reporting requirements. Remain up to date with new or changing legislation and draw attention to any implications for OSRL.
- Support the assurance process within the region for external ISO certification, regulatory requirements and internal compliance with the OSRL HSEQ IMS.
- Support the assurance process within the region by the tracking and completion of quality matters, including internal and external audit findings as well as staff contributions are tracked through ASSURE. Support action owners in closing out actions in a timely manner.
9. Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Assure the timely and accurate reporting of all incidents, including near misses, support and /or undertake incident investigation, communicate investigation findings and implement recommendations.
- Industry professional with extensive experience within HSEQ
- Tertiary diploma or degree in a science / engineering related discipline
- A NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Development and introduction of new initiatives and programmes
- An ability to engage and develop strong working relationships at all levels and backgrounds
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
Working with OSRL:
A starting salary in the range of £52,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience), with a generous benefits package, including:
- 10% Pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Health Cash Plan
- Hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
We provide full training and excellent career progression, including opportunities to work across the business with different departments.
As the world's largest oil spill preparedness and response organisation, dealing with global emergencies 24/7, we are committed to serving our customers' varied response and preparedness needs swiftly and professionally. A career with us puts you in the company of over 300 dynamic individuals located in bases across Europe, the Middle East, Americas, and Asia Pacific.
To apply please submit your CV and a letter of application that clearly demonstrates your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 6th October 2023
Please note: OSRL does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Unsolicited candidates will not entitle an agency to a referral fee.