Do follow us on LinkedIn or watch this space if you would like updates on available vacancies.
OSRL does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Unsolicited candidates will not entitle an agency to a referral fee.
If you are a recruitment agency looking to do business with OSRL please contact the local HR team regarding the relevant position.
Job Title: SWIS Business Development & Source Control Consultant
Reporting to: Subsea Well Intervention Services (SWIS) Director
Job Parameters: Permanent - Full time
Location: Southampton (other locations considered)
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Closing Date: 10th May 2019
Oil Spill Response Ltd is looking for a Consultant with a strong subsea /drilling engineering background to be the focal point for Business Development and Source control preparedness delivery within our Subsea Well Intervention Services Department (SWIS).
Oil Spill Response Limited is the largest international industry-funded cooperative which exists to respond to oil spills wherever in the world they may occur, by providing preparedness, response and intervention services. We are wholly owned by most of the environmentally responsible oil and gas companies, and our membership represents the majority of global oil production. We currently employ 270 people across 11 locations around the world.
The Subsea Well Intervention Service provides access to advanced well intervention equipment built by industry for industry and a dedicated team of subsea and industry experts. SWIS includes Capping, Containment, and Offset Installation Equipment. Capping stacks are located in four international locations – Brazil, Norway, Singapore and South Africa; Containment equipment is located in the UK, Singapore, Norway, Brazil, and USA; Offset Installation equipment is located in Italy. Dedicated SWIS personnel are located in the UK, Norway, South Africa, Singapore, Brazil and USA.
The Purpose of this new and exciting role is to initiate contact with potential customers, to develop opportunities to win source control preparedness work and to effectively undertake and deliver subsea / source control emergency response planning consultancy projects to meet a variety of client needs internationally.
The successful candidate for this role will have a detailed knowledge of the Oil Industry and have experience in International Business Development and Source Control Emergency Response Planning.
This role is suited to someone with commercial acumen who can communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal English with confidence and authority.
· Subsea technical background – Engineering degree qualified
· Source control subject matter expert
· Detailed knowledge of the oil industry.
· International business development experience
· Emergency response planning
· B2B sales skills at a mid - senior level.
· Must have good commercial acumen including financial appraisal.
· Must be able to prepare and price tenders and/or proposals.
· Clear written and verbal communication.
· IT literate (to a good standard).
· Excellent written and verbal English language.
· Report writing and consultancy skills.
· Able to work to tight deadlines.
· Be self-driven to deliver.
· Able to adapt quickly to client demands.
· Able to balance OSRL and customer needs whilst ensuring ethical and quality guidelines are met.
· Be able to liaise and communicate with confidence and authority.
· Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
· Strong and effective team working abilities.
· Ability to demonstrate versatility and adaptability in all arenas.
· International business development experience.
· Strong subsea / drilling engineering background.
· Account management.
· Has worked for a subsea engineering contractor or in a consultancy practice.
· Consultancy skills and experience.
· Engineering Degree or equivalent.
If you meet the criteria above, and would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a detailed covering letter clearly outlining your skills and experience to:
Please state "SWIS Consultant" in your email header
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th May 2019