Do follow us on LinkedIn or watch this space if you would like updates on available vacancies.
Closing date: 5 November 2021
As part of the on-call Operations Team, you are expected to respond to oil spill incidents on a global basis at short notice. In support of this core spill mitigation function, Responders will also carry out the day-to-day response readiness activities, such as the upkeep and maintenance of oil spill response equipment and continuous training to develop, maintain and hone personal competence. As your skills develop, you will be expected to assist with preparedness activities, such as training delivery and consultancy based tasks.
- Provide safe, prompt and efficient support to spill incidents, exercises and preparedness projects globally
- Undertake the efficient maintenance and rehabilitation of operational and support equipment
- Provide input into the ongoing technical development of spill response equipment, strategies and techniques through internal technical forums, working groups and practical experience
- Develop and update operational guidelines, maintenance procedures for equipment to ensure safe and effective operation. Provide a source of expertise to other departments and assist them as required
- Be able to travel internationally at short notice for extended periods as needed by the Company
- Diploma/Degree in Environmental / Earth / Marine Sciences, Geomatics, Crisis Management and/or Engineering experience
- Be able to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently with internal and external stakeholders in English both verbally and in writing
- Strong and effective team working abilities
- Demonstrate initiative, versatility, adaptability and good problem solving abilities in challenging environments
Working with OSRL
OSRL offers competitive remuneration, a five-day work week, 21 days of annual leave, flexible working arrangements, international travel and training and development opportunities.
CV and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 November 2021.
You must be available to attend an assessment day in Singapore during the week commencing 15 November 2021.
Successful candidates will undergo an intensive 12-week ‘Spill Responder’ training programme in Southampton (UK) from 4th April 2022 where you will acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding needed in mitigating the impacts of oil spills.
Closing date: Open
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Oil Spill/Marine/Environmental Consultant for our Perth based team. This position involves a range of environmental/oil approvals activities including development of Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPs), Oil Spill Risk Assessments, ALARP assessments and spill assurance/response readiness activities.
- Preparation of Oil Pollution Emergency Plans and other spill response documentation
- Oil Spill Risk Assessments
- Developing ALARP justifications
- Spill Technical Advisory support and Training delivery
- Workshop facilitation, Regulatory Liaison and Stakeholder Consultations
- Preparing project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets, schedules, and invoices
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental/Marine Sciences, or similar
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good understanding of Australian Oil Spill Regulatory Framework and requirements
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility to participate in response activities as required, including travel to national and international locations
Working with OSRL
This role will be with our OSRL Australia team based in Perth. This is a great opportunity to become part of a rapidly expanding business team within OSRL and to further develop your career. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and safe and collaborative working environment. People are key to our success and we are committed to ensure a fair and equal working environment for all staff.
CV and covering letter should be emailed to email@example.com
OSRL offers competitive remuneration, a five-day work week, 21 days of annual leave, flexible working arrangements, international travel, training and development opportunities.
Please note: OSRL does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Unsolicited candidates will not entitle an agency to a referral fee.