Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) provide members global access to an Offset Installation Equipment (OIE). This equipment is an industry first and is designed to support subsea well intervention operations in scenarios where conditions prohibit direct vertical access to a wellhead. OIE allows responding personnel to remove or install capping, containment or related equipment from a safe offset distance from an incident site.
OIE works through utilising a carrier comprised of; ballast tanks with air connection to topside compressors, a winch system to control the carrier position and lift payloads, a cardan joint for capping stack positioning and ROV interface for controlling all carrier functions from topside.
OIE key facts:
- Can be deployed up to 500m offset from an incident site
- Suitable for use a working depth range of 75-600m
- Compatible with OSRL's Capping Stack System
- Transportable by sea and/or air
- Available for a variety of international metocean conditions
- Stored in Trieste, Italy.
- Maintained by Saipem on behalf of OSRL