In this immersive classroom-based experience, we focus on reinvigorating your operational, tactical, and strategic skills in oil spill response management. The training employs a realistic incident scenario, allowing you to make effective and efficient decisions based on your existing knowledge and experiences.
Why Face-to-Face Matters
Our commitment to excellence extends to the format of this course. Conducted in a face-to-face setting, this training provides a unique opportunity for direct interaction, collaborative learning, and real-time engagement. Through in-person discussions and hands-on activities, you'll gain a deeper understanding of response operations, from initial response to incident termination.
If your IMO Level 1, 2, or 3 equivalent certificate is nearing expiration, this course offers revalidation for an additional three years (36 months from the date of the refresher course).
This course refreshes all standards of IMO equivalent training from IMO Levels 1-3. We aim to elevate your expertise through scenario-based learning, ensuring you are well-prepared for any oil spill response challenges.
Enrol now to renew your certification and enhance your proficiency and readiness in oil spill response through our dynamic and interactive face-to-face training.
This course refreshes all levels of IMO training, so it is ideal for those who need to refresh and update their oil spill response knowledge. It is suitable for those who are operational supervisors, or fulfil site safety or environmental support positions, including On-Scene Commanders. This course is suitable for the following personnel:
- Operational Supervisors
- Personnel required to operate within an Incident Management Team (IMT) or Emergency Response Team, including site safety positions
- Operational staff responsible for setting strategic and tactical priorities and those required to conduct response tactics
- On-Scene Commanders
- Planning staff with an environmental remit.
Elevate your role and impact within an oil spill response team with our dynamic combination of hands-on table-top exercises and theoretical sessions; designed to empower you with the latest knowledge and skills needed to play a pivotal role in oil spill response.
This course delves into a wide range of essential areas, including:
- Oil Spill Response Management Overview - Gain a comprehensive understanding of the core principles and strategies that underpin effective response management
- Fates and Effects of Oil - Delve into the intricate aspects of oil behaviour and uncover the potential environmental and economic consequences of oil spills, all while emphasising the paramount importance of preparedness
- Response Techniques - Equip yourself with practical insights into response techniques crucial during an incident. Learn how to prepare tactically for offshore and shoreline response activities, ensuring you're ready to act swiftly and efficiently
- Strategic Decision-Making and Media Relations - Understand the art of making strategic decisions under pressure and learn the intricacies of managing media relations during response operations. This course provides a unique opportunity to practice these essential skills
- Waste Management and Spill Termination - Gain expertise in waste management and the crucial process of spill termination. Additionally, explore the legal responsibilities that rest with responsible parties.
During this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the incident scenario
- Notifications and completion of a Pollution Report Form (POLREP)
- Oil groups and weathering fates
- Modelling Interpretation and trajectory modelling
- Surveillance and quantification
- Dispersants and offshore response strategies
- Shoreline response
- Waste management and spill termination
- Media management