Join us for a transformative journey where you'll not only master the fundamentals of oil spill response but also enhance your practical response skills and tactical action planning.
Taught by a team of seasoned experts in oil spill response, including distinguished ExxonMobil personnel with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, this course is designed to provide you with the fundamental knowledge and hands-on experience to tackle oil spill response with a focus on your organisation's unique needs.
For over a decade, OSRL has proudly been the trusted host of ExxonMobil's custom management course.
This course has been designed and run exclusively for those who work within ExxonMobil’s Operating Units and for members of the Regional Response Teams.
Examine the fate and behaviour of spilled oil and the environmental considerations that must be considered. Once this has been established, the strategy and tactics for the clean-up effort can be determined.
During this course, you will learn and experience the following:
- Discover the fundamentals of oil spill response
- Learn about the fates and effects of oil spills
- Consider response strategies and planning for tactical elements of the response
- Reviewing of the Incident Command System (ICS), including the reactive and proactive response phases
- Highlighting ExxonMobil’s Public and Government Affairs and Risk Management policies
During this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Oil spill response fundamentals
- Incident Command System (ICS) review, Incident Action Plan (IAP) software and ICS reactive and proactive response phases
- Common operating picture (COP) and GPS training
- Fates and behaviours of oil spill
- Resources at risk and risk management
- Public and government affairs
- Risk management
- Response strategies and tactical response planning
- OSRL Base tour and a practical exercise deployment.