Unleash your full potential with our flagship training course, where tactical and strategic spill response management skills take centre stage.
This exceptional program blends theory and hands-on training to provide you with a deep understanding of diverse response techniques and a holistic appreciation of every facet of oil spill response.
This IMO Equivalent Training Course is certified by the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
Perfect for those relatively inexperienced in oil spill response, this course is suitable for those who will operate in tactical, site safety or environmental support positions within an Incident Management Team (IMT) or Emergency Response Team. This course is ideal for On-Scene Commanders and the following personnel:
- Those required to operate within an IMT or Emergency Response Team, including site safety positions
- Operational staff responsible for setting strategic and tactical priorities and those required to conduct response tactics
- Planning staff with an environmental remit
Through engaging tabletop and practical exercises, this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a key member of an oil spill response team, one with practical oil spill equipment knowledge and experience.
You will learn and gain understanding in the following areas:
- Overview of oil spill response
- Discover the fates and effects of oil, potential environmental and economic impacts and the importance of preparedness
- Importance of Health & Safety to Response personnel during an incident
- Response techniques used during an incident including practical elements, conducting an inland, shoreline and offshore response
- Importance of media relations during response operations and the opportunity to practice skills
- Spill termination and the liabilities that sit with responsible parties
Whilst conducting immersive table-top and on-site exercises during this course, you will cover the following topics:
- Overview of oil spill response, including causes, fates and effects of oil
- Environmental and economic impacts
- Contingency planning
- Site safety (hazards to responders)
- Overview of spill management
- Oil spill response recovery equipment and devices
- Containment and protection booming
- Introduction to inland spill
- Spill assessment and tracking, including quantification
- Introduction to Dispersants
- Waste management and spill termination
- Media interactions and ongoing relations
- Liabilities, claims and compensation
- Exercises: River, Offshore and Shoreline