This comprehensive online course has been designed to enhance and develop essential knowledge and skills as a vessel crew or offshore installation worker, enabling a fast and effective response to an offshore oil spill incident.
Providing individuals with the expertise and confidence when navigating the unique challenges of oil spill incidents with precision and swiftness, this course enables you to become an invaluable asset in the first response to an oil spill.
This online course is designed primarily for vessel crews and offshore installation workers and also applies to anyone who may be asked to respond to an oil spill incident offshore.
Throughout this course, you will develop your expertise and skills in the following areas:
- Uncover how oil behaves in the sea and evolves over time
- Learn to predict the trajectory of oil, harnessing the power of wind speed and currents
- Discover the art of using the BONN Oil Appearance Colour Code to describe the thickness and size of oil spills
- Delve into the science of dispersants and master the precise application process
- Learn the intricacies of conducting oil sampling.
This on-demand course can be taken at your own pace; the average time for completion of this course is approximately one and a half hours.
- How oil behaves at sea
- Measuring and tracking a spill
- Applying dispersant
- Taking samples
Delivered through e-learning, you will have access to OSRL’s online Learning Management System (LMS). This innovative digital learning system allows you to conveniently manage your study time over single or multiple sessions.