Embark on a captivating three-day journey in picturesque Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK, the very site of the most recent UK Tier 3 oil spill incident with significant shoreline impact.
This immersive course takes you on a profound exploration of the MV Sea Empress Tanker incident's aftermath, offering hands-on insights from those who were there. Delve into detailed field studies, revealing compelling evidence of the incident's impact on the affected shorelines. Contrast these sites with those untouched by oil spills, all while visiting the actual locations impacted during the course. Elevate your tactical and strategic environmental skills to a new level through this invaluable experience. Don't miss this extraordinary opportunity to learn and grow.
This course is tailor-made for individuals holding an HSEQ position or a dedicated environmental custodian with responsibility for both preparedness and response. If you're part of a response team with environmental duties, an environmental advisor, a stakeholder with environmental responsibilities, or even an academic immersed in contingency planning roles, this is the course for you.
Join us to uncover a world of expertise, environmental stewardship, and industry leadership.
OSRL delegates reviewing the shoreline affected by the MV Sea Empress oil spill incident - Environmental Advisor Course, May 2023
Immerse yourself in a unique experience as you step back in time to the 1996 MV Sea Empress tanker incident. Explore the major oiling sites and discover the art of contrasting and comparing shorelines. Jointly delivered by a Marine Biologist, a pivotal figure in the incident's history and ongoing ecosystem restoration, and an OSRL expert with firsthand response experience, you'll gain unprecedented insights.
Throughout this course, you will learn and experience the following:
- Witness the diverse effects of oiling on shorelines and wildlife
- Learn the art of environmental restoration and recovery
- Unleash your potential in response techniques, applying the principles of Net Environmental Benefit Analysis (NEBA)
- Explore the intricate Shoreline Clean-up Assessment Technique (SCAT) for effective assessment
- Elevate your expertise in environmental management
Join us on this incredibly unique course and unlock your full potential!
During this course, you will get to conduct fieldwork in the very location of the UK's largest Tier 3 incident, as well as covering the following topics:
- The Sea Empress Case Study: A Living History
- Master spill assessment and tiered response, unearthing environmental impacts
- Witness incident evaluation and mobilisation assistance
- Journey into marine ecology and oil spills, uncovering at-sea response strategies and environmental management
- Overview of SCAT, sensitivity mapping and shoreline clean-up strategies
- Discover the area of waste management, tackling temporary storage, transportation and disposal
- Witness the art of recovery and restoration whilst prioritising safety throughout all operations
- Explore the most effective wildlife response techniques
Don't miss out on this transformative experience!