Utilising Fishing Vessels to Respond to an Oil Spill Incident
Shell UK Limited, Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL), the Scottish Fishermen’s Federation, the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and Ambipar Response talk about their partnership in which they trained Scottish fishermen to provide proactive and timely response in the unlikely event of an oil spill.
- Why and how the pilot project was started
- Video revealing what occurred during the training
- Overview of how the classroom-based and offshore practical training was planned and implemented
- Benefits of fishermen conducting surveillance and efficacy testing
- Lessons learned and how to adapt the project to different environments
- Next steps for the project and opportunities for others in the industry