Develop your understanding of the techniques and procedures used in both underground and surface pipeline incidents, ensuring your competence in responding to pipeline oil spill incidents.
Around the globe the pipeline infrastructure is aging with the increased likelihood of pipeline failures. Historically incidents from pipelines have been problematic due to them being in remote or inaccessible places.
Understanding the issues that surround these types of incidents and the critical factors that determine a successful response especially at the initial stages will help mitigate response efforts.
- Emergency response brigades members
- Supervisors, environmental leaders
- Operation supervisors
- Pipeline control room operators
- Pipeline operators
This course covers the fundamentals of responding to pipeline oil spills, from safety aspects and environmental impacts to incident management and response strategies.
This course will give you the knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Safety aspects of approaching a crude oil or hydrocarbon pipeline incident
- Control measures required to minimise the impact of the spill on the environment.
- Using NEBA as a tool, effectively analyse the scenario and establish the right strategies and tactics required to achieve objectives during the spill phase
- Concepts, principles, and components of Incident Management Systems (IMS)
- The IMS organizations and its application as a tool for safely managing pipeline incidents.
- The size-up process for determining the operational modes, strategic goals, and tactical objectives at a crude oil pipeline incident. Use Net Environmental Benefit Analysis (NEBA) as a planning tool.
- Critical success factors in managing the initial response to a crude oil pipeline incident.
- General hazards and risk issues you must evaluate when responding to pipeline emergencies.
- Identify and describe the critical safety and tactical considerations to implement during incidents involving crude oil or natural gas pipelines.
- Identify and describe the critical safety and tactical considerations to implement during incidents involving liquid pipelines; oil spill response equipment logistics, environmental impact, personnel, etc.
- Identify and describe the critical safety and tactical considerations to implement during pipeline incidents requiring special operations.
- Plan the appropriate response to a given pipeline emergency.