The way that we impact on the environment is a consideration that has become increasingly important when dealing with waste management. This Waste Management course is designed to inform candidates on the legal requirements for controlling waste, methods and responsibility for managing waste using a waste hierarchy. To also understand proper waste management in order to achieve higher levels of recycling and to minimise the extraction of additional natural resources ensuring resource efficiency.
The course promotes a better understanding of how to effectively and most importantly safely manage waste. Minimising waste can deliver both business and environmental improvements. If our resources can be used more efficiently, then less waste will be produced, significantly reducing the harm to the environment.
- Describe the importance of waste management
- Identify the legislative controls relating to waste
- Explain the importance of a Waste Management Plan
- Explain the waste management hierarchy
- Identify the types of waste that are generated offshore
- Outline the alternatives to disposing of waste
- Describe waste reduction techniques
- Describe the importance of waste segregation
- Explain the importance of recycling
- Outline the waste management considerations when planning a job
The duration of the course is 30 minutes with a 20 question assessment.