This course has been developed in line with the STEP Change Initiative which promotes the establishment, maintenance and deployment of thorough task risk assessment procedures.
This task risk assessment course is suitable for all current or potential members of task risk assessment teams.
Candidates will be able to define task risk assessment, identify hazards and ascertain when a task risk assessment is required and what work categories need to be covered. Candidates will gain a full understanding of the task risk assessment process which will make them aware of hazards, risk mitigating controls and the various processes contained within a Control of Work system.
- Define key terminology associated with task risk assessment
- Define the purpose of a task risk assessment
- Describe hazard identification
- Describe the terms hazard and risk
- Recall when a task risk assessment should be carried out and what work categories need to be covered
- Describe what makes an effective task risk assessment
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a task risk assessment team member
- Describe the steps of a task risk assessment
- Describe the identification of control measures
- Explain the importance of lessons learned
- Identify the general requirements for training in task risk assessment
- Recall what data/findings from task risk assessments should be recorded
- Describe the purpose of a Toolbox Talk
- Explain the importance of communication for the success of a task risk assessment
The duration of the course is 60 minutes with a 20 question assessment.