This Pressure Testing course is designed to develop the necessary skills and expertise of pressure testing to a Level 1 standard, which means that upon successful completion, the candidate will be able to carry out pressure testing using liquids under close supervision. This course details the concept of pressure and how it is measured in the oil and gas industry and the risk assessment process.
The correct method how to conduct a pressure test is demonstrated using detailed images and interactive exercises. Throughout, reference is made to the safety responsibilities of a Level 1 Pressure Tester, ensuring that all work is conducted safely and in accordance with best practice when putting this training into action.
The aim of this course is to provide the candidate with the knowledge to carry out pressure testing, under close supervision, on liquid mediums.
- Explain the concept of pressure
- State the units of measurement most often used in the industry and the difference between psi and bar
- Explain the need for, and objectives of, pressure testing
- Explain the concepts of operating pressure and test pressure, and the relationship between them
- Describe the sequence of steps involved in a pressure test and the medium used
- Be aware of the Task Risk Assessment process and its role in providing a safe working environment in the pressure testing sequence
- Describe and identify safety measures typically involved in pressure testing
- Explain the tasks they can expect to undertake when participating in a pressure test following successful completion of this course
The duration of the course is 60 minutes with a 24 question assessment.