One of the major causes of occupational ill health; manual handling accidents and their consequent effects are common in all fields of work.
This manual handling course, specific to the oil and gas industry, is suitable for all staff involved in any manual handling operation, whether lifting, pushing or pulling, providing the necessary knowledge to prevent such accidents.
This course has been designed to give candidates an understanding of manual handling, the causes of injury, common injuries, guidance on the proper lifting techniques and the use of manual handling aids.. It provides a holistic approach to the topic; relevant safety legislation and manual handling risk assessments are also covered.
- Explain what manual handling is
- Describe the structure of the human spine
- Identify factors that contribute to manual handling incidents
- Identify the common causes and injuries involved in manual handling
- Identify proper lifting techniques and the importance of ergonomic design
- Identify ways to reduce manual handling incidents
- Identify the purpose, factors and responsibility of the risk assessment
The duration of the course is 30 minutes with a 20 question final assessment.