The aim of the Control of Chemical Substances Hazardous to Health course is to provide information to candidates on how to control their exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill-health.
This course delivers key insights into controlling exposure to hazardous substances, implemented to prevent ill health. It explains in detail the hazards, controls and best practices when working with hazardous substances, with a particular focus on understanding the labelling of chemical substances, choosing appropriate personal protective equipment and COSHH assessments.
- Explain what COSHH is and why we need it
- Explain the COSHH regulations
- Describe the employer and employee duties under the COSHH regulations
- Identify the ways in which you may come into contact with a hazardous substance
- Explain what a Material Safety Data Sheet is
- Recall the hazard symbols used
- Describe the different control measures that can be used
- Identify the personal protective equipment specific to chemical applications
- Describe a COSHH Risk Assessment
- Identify good practices related to COSHH
This Control of Chemical Substances Hazardous to Health course is suitable for all candidates working with hazardous substances on a regular basis. The content in this course has been developed by qualified chemists and fully satisfies the requirements of the UK COSHH Regulations.
COSHH regulations are the key reference point throughout the course.
The duration of the course is 40 minutes with a 20 question final assessment.