Enhance and develop your knowledge to enable a fast and effective response to an offshore oil spill incident.
Is this course for me?
Designed primarily for vessel crews and offshore installation workers, this course is also applicable to anyone who may be asked to respond to an oil spill incident offshore.
What will I learn?
This course will give you the knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Describe how oil behaves in the sea and changes over time
- Estimate the trajectory of oil based on the wind speed and current
- Use the BONN Oil Appearance Colour Code to describe the thickness and size of an oil spill.
- Discuss the use of dispersant and the correct process for applying it
- Explain how to carry out oil sampling
Learning Management System
Delivered through e-learning, you will have access to OSRL’s online learning management system (LMS). This innovative digital learning system allows you to conveniently manage your study time over single or multiple sessions.
A unique feature of this course is the ability to download content and complete the material offline, meaning internet access is only needed for the initial course download and final upload of results.