This NORM Awareness course has been designed to give you an understanding of the legal requirements, methods and responsibility for managing waste from operations in the oil and gas industry both on and offshore.
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of the dangers of working in an NORM environment, its properties, hazards and potential consequences, this course details where NORM is found, how it is detected and the precautions to take when working in environments where NORM may occur.
- Give an overview of radioactivity
- Describe NORM
- Give an overview of the health and safety issues relating to NORM
- Explain where NORM is found
- Give an overview of legislation and employer responsibilities with regard to NORM
- Explain how NORM is detected
- Outline the precautions that should be taken when working in an environment where NORM may be found
The duration of the course is 30 minutes with a 20 question assessment.