This course has been developed in conjunction with industry experts and provides an awareness of noise and vibration regulations, different noise levels found in industry, the human ear, the hazards associated with noisy environments and how we can control these.
This Noise Awareness course is suitable for all personnel working in the offshore sector, particularly those regularly working in a noise-intensive environment.
The course features a range of interactive multimedia exercises. Successful completion of this course will enable your staff to recognise when noise levels may be harmful, what the effects are, and what safety controls can be utilised to minimise the effects of noise as a health hazard.
- Identify the common noise hazards
- Identify the Noise at Work Regulations
- Identify the human ear and the different noise exposure warning signs
- Identify the different recommended noise limits
- Identify the risks of noise exposure
- Describe the different noise control measures that can be used
- Explain the different types of hearing Protection
The duration of the course is 30 minutes with a 20 question assessment.