If left undetected, Legionella-related illnesses, such as Legionnaires’ disease and Pontiac fever, can be potentially fatal. This course aims to promote awareness of these illnesses, detailing what Legionella is; where Legionella bacteria can be found; possible symptoms of infection; and how it can be treated. It also instructs on preventative measures on how to control the risks associated with Legionella.
- Explain what Legionella is and where it can be found
- Identify systems which present a risk of Legionella increasing
- Explain how Legionella multiplies
- Identify the temperatures that affect Legionella
- Explain what Legionnaires' disease is and how it is contracted
- Describe who can be affected by Legionnaires' disease
- Identify when the symptoms of Legionnaires' disease begin
- Describe the symptoms of Legionnaires' disease
- Describe how the risk of Legionella is controlled in water systems
- Explain how water is treated
- Describe cleaning and disinfection procedures
This course is suitable for all members of staff. The duration of the course is 30 minutes with a 20 question final assessment.