The aim of this course is to provide candidates with the knowledge to perform work safely in a confined space. Candidates will be able to recognise the hazards and understand the precautions to take before and during working with confined spaces.
- Describe what a confined space is
- Identify examples of confined spaces
- Identify and explain the hazards associated with a confined space
- Identify the roles and responsibilities associated with confined space entry
- Describe the regulations associated with confined space entry
- Describe the elements of a Risk Assessment for confined spaces
- Identify the elements of a safe system of work
- Describe good housekeeping practices for confined space work
- Describe the emergency procedures for confined space work
- Describe rules for entering/working in a confined space
- Describe when and how to exit a confined space
On successful completion of this course, candidates will recognise the hazards associated with confined space entry and the precautions that need to be taken when working in a confined space. It provides candidates with the knowledge to perform their duties safely and responsibly.
The duration of the course is 60 minutes with a 20 question final assessment.