The aim of this course is to provide candidates with the knowledge to allow them to operate as a Level 3 Authorised Gas Tester.
- Describe hot work and the dangers associated with this type of work
- Identify the type of production operation being tested for flammable and toxic gases
- Describe the duties of the Safety Watch
- Describe the implications of organisational and statutory requirements
- Describe how to access and interpret relevant operational requirements
- Describe how to select, use and care for PPE and RPE
- Describe how to work within the Permit to Work system
- Describe the hazards and properties of different flammable gases
- Describe the behaviour of different gases
- Describe how to check the controls on gas detecting equipment
- Describe the importance of regular communication
- Describe how to complete the relevant documentation
This course, accredited to the OPITO Authorised Gas Tester (Level 3) standard, will give candidates the knowledge required, in preparation to work as a Safety Watch. They will gain knowledge of relevant procedures, how to work within a permit to work system, how to use gas detecting equipment, the behaviours of different gases and information on how to complete relevant documentation.
The duration of the course is 60 minutes with a 20 question final assessment. The candidate will also be registered on OPITO's Authorised Gas Tester Register.