Our contact details, forms for activation and equipment stockpile and aviation status are found here.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
+44 (0)23 8033 1551
+65 6266 1566
+1 954 983 9880
Please note that:
Response services are guaranteed ONLY for Members. Non-members are not guaranteed a response and will be required to sign a Non-member contract. Services and rates differ. Duty managers can be contacted for exercises.
Promote awareness of the hazards and risks associated with Asbestos Containing Materials.
Asbestos is the single greatest cause of work-related deaths in the UK. This Asbestos Awareness course is designed to provide health and safety awareness to those who may be exposed to asbestos in the workplace so that they are properly prepared to know how to protect themselves and others. Information is given on where asbestos is typically found, the dangers associated with it, and how to avoid the risks from asbestos.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with basic information on the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs). This awareness course is suitable for all employees working in hazardous industries. Candidates will learn about what asbestos is and why it is dangerous, as well as where it will be found and what to do should any suspicious materials be found on site.
- Describe the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- List the types of asbestos and explain where asbestos and ACMs can be typically found
- Recall the existence of general legislation in relation to health and safety and asbestos
- Describe how to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Explain where to obtain information on asbestos prior to commencing work
- Explain what to do if suspicious materials are found
- Describe appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, with regard to the risks of asbestos
- Explain how to undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to yourselves or others
- List procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs and appropriate
The duration of the course is 30 minutes with a 20 question final assessment.