Oil Spill Response Limited ("We" or “OSRL”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The information we collect is used exclusively to facilitate services that we provide to you. We value your privacy and will take all necessary steps to protect it.
For the purpose of the EUGeneral data Protection regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Oil Spill Response Limited of Lower William Street, Southampton SO14 5QE, United Kingdom
Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) email@example.com as our nominated representative for the purpose of GDPR.
Save where you authorise us to do so we will not communicate with you. We are committed to your privacy and will not share your personal information.
Our company commitment to privacy
To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to each of our employees.
We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information.
Our website or email correspondence may contain links to other sites. We do not share your personal information with those sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
If we are going to use your personal information differently from that stated at the time we collect it, we will try to contact you via email using the most recent information we have. If you have not given us permission to communicate with you, you will not be contacted nor will we use your personal information in a new manner.
How we collect personal information off-line
Personal information will only be collected by lawful and fair means, for one or more specified purposes, which are relevant to our operations. When personal information is collected directly from the individual to whom it relates the purpose of collection will be identified and it will only be collected with the person's consent.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect personal data when you use our website when you contact us about services, download from our technical library, through the registration and booking process and when you register to receive our monthly newsletters. When you register on the OSRL Group website, we collect your full name, company name, job title, address, email address, telephone number, nature of your enquiry and contact preferences.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.oilspillresponse.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, contact address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you book and pay for a training course online your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions
Cookies helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
When someone visits our website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our website. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for OSRL. To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org,or to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
OSRL will not use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither OSRL nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Why we collect personal information
If you have permitted us to use your information, we will use it to keep you up to date on the latest company announcements, service updates, special offers and other information we think you'd like to hear about.
This may occasionally include information from our technology partners about products and services that can add value to your organisation. From time to time, we may also use your personal information to contact you to participate in a market research surveys, so that we can gauge customer satisfaction and develop better solutions.
We may analyse your personal information we have collected from you to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
Information collected on this site may also be combined, de-identified and anonymised to provide OSRL with anonymous demographic and usage information. We can then use this aggregated information to develop new and/or more appropriate services and products to offer to customers and may also be provided to third parties.
In addition, anonymous navigation information may be used for statistical analysis of the site, for marketing purposes and to tailor the content of the site to the needs of our customers. Statistical information is not disclosed in connection with your personal information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. Personal information collected at this site will only be disclosed to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement and with the terms and conditions of any relevant service. You should check the terms and conditions of individual products and services for information about disclosures.
- We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations including processing your order, managing your MyOSRL account, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to notify you of changes to our services
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about training courses, events, industry news and developments and oil spill related information.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
You have the right to opt out of receiving communications at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We work with other companies that help us provide products and services to you and we may provide your personal information to these companies. For example, we give shipping companies this information so they can deliver your products efficiently. In this case the information they receive is for shipping and delivery purposes only, and we require that the companies we contract with safeguard your personal information in accordance with our policies.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If OSRL or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask you before collecting your data whether you are happy for us to use your data for such purposes or if we have your permission to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR and Data Protection legislation. The accuracy of your information is important to us. if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write to us at: Lower William Street, Southampton, SO14 5QE. You may unsubscribe at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to The Data Protection Officer, Oil Spill Response Limited, Lower William Street, Southampton, SO14 5QE or email email@example.com You will be asked to provide the following details:
- The personal information you wish to access
- The date from which you wish to access
- Where the data is likely to be held
- Information to confirm your identity
We will provide a copy of the personal information we hold about you in an understandable format and provide an explanation of why we hold and use it. We will respond to your request within one month for most enquiries, however where the request is particularly complex this period may be extended by up to two months.
If you are unhappy we would ask that you speak with us in the first instance to permit us to resolve any question or problem you may have. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) with any questions you may have relating to Data Protection. You can contact them at www.ico.org.uk or on their helpline 0303 123 113.
We make our best efforts to ensure that our systems are secure. We safeguard the security of the data you provide to us with physical, electronic and managerial procedures.
Cookies were originally designed to help a website distinguish a user's browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. A cookie is a small string of text that a website can send to your browser. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your email address.
The OSRL website uses Google Analytics to understand how people are using the website and identify areas that can be improved or removed. The Google Analytics cookies are not used to identify individual users or capture personally identifiable information, but only to produce statistics on how the site is used.
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The 'Help' function within your browser should tell you how.
You can also Opt-out of Google Analytics cookies here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
The full list of cookies on the Oil Spill Response Limited site is below:
|Cookie Name||What it does||Persistence after browser closed|
|ASP.NET_SESSIONID||Session cookies allow users to be recognised within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page. The most common example of this functionality is for the language selector functionality.||End of session|
|_UTMA||Google Analytics cookie which stores each user's amount of visits, and the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit||2 years|
|_UTMB||Google Analytics cookie timestamp: how long you have been on the page: enter page||End of session|
|_UTMC||Google Analytics timestamp: how long you have been on the page: leave page||End of session|
|_UTMZ||Google Analytics cookie which keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keyword was used, and where they were in the world when they accessed the website.||6 months|