Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) has launched a new, cost effective membership option for shipping companies, offering a comprehensive level of service, with guaranteed and immediate response, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
OSRL’s new membership package provides the industry with enhanced capability of access to world-class advisory support and a dedicated physical response capability - significantly reducing the complexity of managing an incident and coordinating remediation efforts, wherever it happens.
Robert Limb, CEO for OSRL commented on the new development: “OSRL has offered a shipping membership option for over ten years but critically, it wasn’t providing shipping companies with enough value. Following extensive conversations with our stakeholders and the International Group of P&I Clubs, we’ve made several major changes to address these issues and create a highly cost-effective package that removes many of the challenges shipping companies face in the event of an incident.”
“Currently, in the event of a collision or spill, the decision on which response provider to activate may not be very clear. Depending of the location, size and nature of the incident, this can be a complicated process and can consume a significant amount of precious time. OSRL shipping members will have a very different experience, with a single call being all we need to activate a response, providing immediate expert advice and response, coordinated from one of our strategically located hubs around the world and all based on RESPONSECON terms,” Limb added.
OSRL has extensive experience managing major spills within the shipping industry, having dealt with several of the world’s largest incidents, starting with the Exxon Valdez almost 30 years ago. This experience, combined with unrivalled in-house expertise and other unique membership benefits, positions OSRL as the ideal partner for shipping companies.
New shipping industry members will benefit from:
· A single point of contact to activate the service, covering both technical advice and physical response efforts,
· Resources and personnel at strategically located response bases around the world to minimise response time,
· A unique pool of multilingual industry experts, with a broad range of skills from planning, training and exercises, through to response and post-spill services,
· Five days of free, on-site technical advice and response support from up to five OSRL personnel,
· Preferential rates for training courses and additional response services,
· A dedicated aerial dispersant capability
Media contacts Information:
Global Marketing Manager
+44 (0)23 8033 1551